Super Trofeo pole for Klingmann at Norisring
Lamborghini München Team Holzer’s Jens Klingmann will start on pole for round four of the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo series at Norisring, Germany, this weekend.
Competition remained close during the 30-minute qualifying session, in which Lamborghini München Team Holzer, Petri Corse and Bonaldi Racing all topped the time sheets. German driver Klingmann set his fastest lap of 51.535 with four minutes left on the clock, and benefited from a yellow flag being thrown during the last three laps. Klingmann will start Saturday’s race alongside the #69 of Bonaldi Racing, who will compete with Italian drivers Eugenio Amos and Davide Amaduzzi.
Petri Corse’s Fabio Babini and Claudio Rossetto secured the third place on the grid, with Maximilian Götz and Achim Winter completing the second row.
“The Holzer team gave me a good car and we were P2 in practice this morning, so I’m very satisfied with the way things are going, ” said Klingmann. “We just pushed hard in the last 10 minutes, and that was it. I was a bit lucky because for the last three laps there was a yellow flag, so nobody else could try to improve their time.”
Lamborghini’s Director of Brand and Design, Manfred Fitzgerald said, “Norisring is a continuation of what we achieved in Adria: we have proved that this is the right race format and that teams are performing on an equal level. It is Klingmann’s first race weekend, and having him on pole is a testament to the Super Trofeo race car and how it has been developed for its driveability.”
The first of the weekend’s 40-minute Super Trofeo races will take place on Saturday 27 June, with rounds five and six contested on Sunday 28 June, supporting Europe’s most popular touring car series, DTM.
1. Klingmann (#66), Lamborghini München Team Holzer, 51.535
2. Amos/Amaduzzi (#69), Bonaldi Racing, 51.778
3. Babini/Rossetto (#22), Petri Corse, 51.794
4. Götz/Winter (#9), Lamborghini München Team Holzer, 52.046
5. Hayek/Kox (#24), Reiter Engineering, 52.057
6. Bellini (#3), Bonaldi Racing, 52.095
7. Frei/Cochet (#11), Autovitesse, 52.160
8. Janis (#77), Lamborghini Racing Eastern Europe, 52.195
9. von Thurn und Taxis/TBC (#1), Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A, 52.229
10. Bassetti/Venica (#6), Petri Corse, 52.358
11. C. Leimer/H. Leimer (#63), Autovitesse, 52.790
12. Charouz/Scheublein, (#88) Lamborghini Racing Eastern Europe, 53.172
13. Sanna/Stuck (#2), Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A, 53.296
14. Dijkstra/van de Zwaan (#16), Schoolmaster, 53.546
Source: Lamborghini Super Trofeo