Super Trofeo: FOURTH WIN FOR PETRI CORSE
FOURTH WIN FOR PETRI CORSE
At the world-famous Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium, Petri Corse’s Fabio Babini and Claudio Rossetto claimed their fourth win of the season in round eight of the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo series, on 24 July 2009.
Having started on the front row of the grid, Babini took the lead at the start and began pulling away from the field, creating a gap that was maintained by
team-mate Claudio Rossetto after the driver change. Despite the best efforts of Davide Amaduzzi in the pursing #69 Bonaldi Motorsport Super Trofeo, Rossetto secured the win with Amaduzzi finishing second.
Pole-sitters Lamborghini München Team Holzer completed the top three finishers with drivers Achim Winter and Maximilian Götz, who achieved their second podium finish of the weekend after Götz passed Giorgio Bartocci for third place on the final lap.
“I pushed very hard over the first 10 laps to build a big gap that Claudio would be able to defend,” said Babini. “This is a great result and I’m very pleased for Petri Corse because it’s very important for them to score points.”
The next round of the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo takes place on Saturday 25 July 2009 at 11:35 (CET).
Round eight results
1. Babini/Rossetto (#22), Petri Corse
2. Amos/Amaduzzi (#69), Bonaldi Motorsport
3. Winter/Götz (#9), Lamborghini München Team Holzer
4. Bartocci/Maddalena (#6), Petri Corse
5. Bellini (#3), Bonaldi Motorsport
6. Janiš/Charouz (#77), Lamborghini Racing Eastern Europe
7. C. Leimer/H. Leimer (#63), Autovitesse
8. Sanna/Eckhardt (#1), Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A
9. Bassetti/de Plano (#66), Lamborghini München Team Holzer
10. Hommerson (#88), Lamborghini Racing Eastern Europe
Galand/Schrick (#2), Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A
Hayek/Kox (#24), Reiter Engineering
Dijkstra/van de Zwaan (#16), Schoolmaster
Source: lamborghini Super Trofeo