Super trofeo:FIRST SUPER TROFEO WIN FOR WINTER AND GÖTZ
FIRST SUPER TROFEO WIN FOR WINTER AND GÖTZ
Achim Winter and Maximilian Götz secured victory at round seven of the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo series for Lamborghini München Team Holzer, after a hard-fought battle at Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium, on 24 July 2009.
At the start of the race, pole-sitter Claudio Rossetto took the lead, whilst Winter slipped down to fifth place. Marc A. Hayek climbed through to second, followed by Siebrand Dijkstra and Alexander Frei.
Autovitesse’s Frei had already fought his way through to the front of the field by the end of the second lap, and after the driver change, team-mate Jonathan Cochet maintained the position until an incident at Rivage forced him into retirement.
Götz inherited the lead, with a hard-charging Fabio Babini of Petri Corse in pursuit. With less than two minutes left on the clock, Babini had reduced the gap to 0.537 seconds and was attempting to overtake. On the final lap, strong defensive driving from Götz meant Babini was unable to make the pass before the chequered flag.
Götz crossed the finish line first followed by Babini, with Peter Kox securing the final place on the podium for Reiter Engineering.
“It was very crazy,” said Götz. “Babini was faster than me in the last part of the race. I was running second until three laps before the end, and then Cochet crashed so I became the leader. Fabio was really pushing hard behind me, so I drove only on the slow, defensive line.”
Winter added: “It’s unbelievable. There are so many emotions flowing for me to win a race like this as an old guy! Maximilian did a great job. I had a very bad start: off the line I went up two gears so it was slow to get going, but I managed to regain all the positions and be back to second when I came in to the pits.”
Round seven results
1. Winter/Götz (#9), Lamborghini München Team Holzer
2. Babini/Rossetto (#22), Petri Corse
3. Hayek/Kox (#24), Reiter Engineering
4. Dijkstra/van de Zwaan (#16), Schoolmaster
5. Machiels (#88), Lamborghini Racing Eastern Europe
6. Amos/Amaduzzi (#69), Bonaldi Motorsport
7. Sanna/Eckhardt (#1), Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A
8. Janiš/Charouz (#77), Lamborghini Racing Eastern Europe
9. Galand/Schrick (#2), Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A
10. C. Leimer/H. Leimer (#63), Autovitesse
11. Bassetti/de Plano (#66), Lamborghini München Team Holzer
12. Bartocci/Maddalena (#6), Petri Corse
13. Frei/Cochet (#11), Autovitesse
Bellini (#3), Bonaldi Motorsport
Source: Lamborghini Super Trofeo